Flo's Creations

Thursday, July 24, 2008

As a mother of six, life is never dull, even when they're grown. In the last week I had one son out in Chicago on job interviews, and a daughter moving from northern California down to Huntington Beach. Another is in South Jersey on a job hunt, my oldest is on a camping trip with his extended family somewhere in California. A daughter is waiting for word on her acceptance into a nursing program, and the last I'll see this weekend to find out what he's up to.

Even though the nest is empty, my heart and mind are full of love and hope for their lives. My job now is to watch and pray as they take small and large steps on their individual journeys, and hope that they intersect regularly with each other and me.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • As you know, I'll never have a totally empty nest, but we talked about colleges for Mary this weekend. I can't imagine our home without her and I'm grieving already! But at the same time, I'm anticipating what she can accomplish and dreaming about what God can do with her life and talents.

    By Blogger Pam Halter, at 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home