Flo's Creations

Saturday, February 16, 2008

I've begun an assignment in a writing workbook and the first question I had to answer was, "Who is my hero?" I was surprised how hard it was as I dug through the recesses of my mind at bible characters, relatives, politicians and friends. This status changes over time because of where I am personally.

Tonight I have settled on Phyllis K. Question number one answered.

Question two: "What makes this person a heroine to you?" Phyllis has suffered incredible losses in life, more than any one person should have to bear--more than most COULD bear. But the first time I met her and every time since, she has had a sweet, joyful, and other-centered spirit. She is truly compassionate and kind toward people, and reaches out to those who hurt, offering them comfort.

She is this way not because she is a strong person, but because she has found her own comfort and strength through Jesus Christ. Phyllis claims no glory for herself, but is humble and sometimes seems unsure of herself and her gifts. But God is alive through her, filling her up.

She is my heroine and I'm honored to be a friend of hers.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • It's hard to pick just one hero. I think it depends on what situation you are in.

    Phyllis sounds like someone we all should know.

    By Blogger Pam Halter, at 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home